Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A New Direction

Dear Friends,
Yesterday I turned down an excellent job offer. It was hard to do since I was looking for long term employment with excellent benefits. I would have tripled my current income...but what I have chosen is to leave my current job in April to work full time from home and pursue my art. The boys are leaving private school to learn at home. One night the idea came into my head that I should really try to make a go of it with my artwork. It wasn't just that moment, but a whole orchestra of people and events in my life that led me to this. I wanted a sign to tell me what to do, that I was making the right decision. Well, I feel that it is clear that this is the direction I should take our family. Our family being myself, Elijah, and Noah. My mom often gives me tidbits to feed on and one that always comes back to me is about some questions that were asked of some people in their 80's and 90's. If they could live their lives over again, what would they do differently? Overwhelmingly, they would have taken more risks in life. So that is where I am right now.
I tried to scan the above image to get a better shot, but I am still learning these things. It is my first piece of jewelry, a gift for a friend. A tiny painting of a pear tree on copper made to wear as a pin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home